Thursday, March 22, 2012

Music Therapy


Ok, so this isn’t a copy of a conversation I had on facebook, but I felt the need to write. Or at least express myself through copy/pasting of song lyrics, that’s close enough to the original format. ;) In a way this is a conversation between me and God via music.
These lyrics are from the album “Undone” by MercyMe. God gave me this album to help heal my aching heart. For those whose first thought is “tl;dr” I bolded the sections that meant the most to me.

~~~~~~~~~~
When I am overwhelmed
Holding pieces of my heart
When I feel my world
Start to fall apart


To the cross I run –Undone

~~~~~~~~~~
Another rainy day
I can't recall having sunshine on my face
All I feel is pain
All I wanna do is walk out of this place
But when I am stuck and I can't move
When I don't know what I should do
When I wonder if I'll ever make it through

I gotta keep singing
I gotta keep praising Your name
You're the one who's keeping my heart beating
I gotta keep singing
I gotta keep praising Your name
That's the only way that I'll find healing


Can I climb up in Your lap?
I don't wanna leave
Jesus, sing over me

I gotta keep singing – Keep Singing
~~~~~~~~~~
As long as my heart is beating...
Where You lead me I will follow
Where You lead me I give my life away
Where You lead me I will follow
Forever and a day – Where You Lead Me
~~~~~~~~~~
I long for your embrace
Every single day
To meet you in this place
And see you face to face

Will you show me?
Reveal yourself to me
Because of your mercy
I fall down on my knees
–Here With Me
~~~~~~~~~~
It's been one of those days
When everything just feels so far away
Hope don't be a stranger
Won't you help me make it through today?

Then a voice comes calling out to me
You're never alone cause I am with you
And I will always be
I will hold you cause you belong to me
You're never alone cause I'll be with you
For all eternity – Never Alone
~~~~~~~~~~
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now
Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways

The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home – Homesick
~~~~~~~~~~
Who's to say what you can't see can't be found
There's evidence of Your presence all around
Cause how could You save the day
If You're a million miles away

What it all comes down to
Is being with You
– A Million Miles Away

~~~~~~~~~~

I particularly like the way the lyrics combine in these two songs.
As long as you keep me alive I will follow.

“I gotta keep singing
I gotta keep praising Your name
You're the one who's keeping my heart beating” –Keep Singing
“As long as my heart is beating...
Where You lead me I will follow” –Where You Lead Me

~~~~~~~~~~
I found this song later but it fit perfectly. It's from MercyMe's new album The Hurt and The Healer
Why?
The question that is never far away
The healing doesn’t come from the explained
Jesus please don’t let this go in vain

You’re all I have
All that remains

So here I am
What’s left of me
Where glory meets my suffering

I’m alive
Even though a part of me has died
You take my heart and breathe it back to life
I’ve fallen into Your arms open wide
When the hurt and the healer collide


Breathe
Sometimes I feel it’s all that I can do
Pain so deep that I can hardly move
Just keep my eyes completely fixed on You
Lord take hold and pull me through
– The Hurt and The Healer

No comments:

Post a Comment