Monday, October 22, 2012

Waiting on the Lord

Hah, I'm back! I've been gone mostly cause school has hit me like a truck. But, sometimes God even finds a way to speak through that. =)
God has been telling me some stuff lately, trying to get my attention you might say.

It started with a post from someone on facebook that pointed out that everyone says fall leaves are beautiful, but they are beautiful because they are dying. I replied that, while it's true they are dying, we know that they will come back in the Spring. There is beauty before the Winter, but we trust God that there will be a Spring.
I made the analogy that it's like a sunset, it's beautiful because the sun is going down. The sun is "dying" and it's going to be night, when you can't see. But, we trust that there will be a sunrise in the morning.
Yesterday I was brooding over the past and I sat and watched the sunset. The patchy clouds turned bright gold before fading to dusty red and then winked out as the sun left, setting behind the mountains.
God poked me and told me that what I was brooding over was the beauty of the sunset, and that now it is the middle of the night. He reminded me that there is a sunrise coming. He also reminded me that I shouldn't wish for the beauty of the sunset that has gone away, but to wait for the beauty of the sunrise to come.

So, as I have to remind myself daily, I trust God. I don't see it right now. But, I will wait on the Lord. I will follow Him wherever he leads.

P.S. This relates to my next blog post. =)

2 comments:

  1. "I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds." John 12:24

    "For it is in giving that we receive.
    It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
    and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life" - Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your comparisons of the leaves and sunsets/rises. I also like that it ties into your post about anticipating an event. There is beauty everywhere. I love how beauty inspires.

    ReplyDelete